Hi, I’m Marley McKay, I’m 15, and from Reston, Virginia. I haven’t done as much theatre work as I have TV and film but it’s all very exciting. I’ve been in The Music Man at Washington’s Atlas Theater as Winthrop, and also in A Christmas Carol at Ford’s Theatre as Young Scrooge and other roles which was quite an honor. Last fall I played young Josh in Big, The Musical, at Adventure Theatre-MTC. Aside from theater, I’ve been in a History Channel miniseries called Men Who Built America. My most notable film role to date has been as Nate in The Lovely Bones, directed by Peter Jackson. I have worked since age three doing print work, film, television and voice-over work.
My background has taught me to:
- Study and rehearse roles from scripts in order to interpret, learn and memorize lines, stunts, and cues as directed.
- Work closely with directors, other actors, and playwrights to find the interpretation most suited to the role.
- Interpret roles and portray characters using speech, gestures, and body movement in order to entertain, inform, or instruct radio, film, television, or live audiences.
- Collaborate with other actors as part of an ensemble.
- Sing and/or dance during dramatic or comedic performances.
Take a look at some of the projects I have worked on and, while you’re here, download my resume and headshot.